Parish Policy on Safeguarding
This statement was adopted by Laughton PCC and Ripe and Chalvington PCC at meetings on 11th June 2019 and 20th June 2019:
1. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and all adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of all children and all adults who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, verbal, emotional, financial, sexual, institutional and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable, including the request for a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance when required, to be processed by our parish CCPAS Lead Recruiter.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake workW amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the PCC’s and a report given to the Annual Parochial Church Meetings by the parish representative in order that the policy might be monitored.
This church appoints: NAME: Mrs Pat Dennien
ADDRESS: 3 Church Lane Cottages, Ripe, Lewes BN8 6AU
Telephone number: 01323 811674
Email: [email protected]